Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just got my DC Direct Watchmen Comedian 1:6 scale figure in the mail and I'm really impressed - partly because it was only $19.99 on Amazon, and partly because it's just good toy: heavy, solid, well-designed, great outfit, and the sculpt looks about as good as one can ask for.



On Amazon the list price is $125, and indeed the box says 124.99 (I think.I already chucked it. I'm a player not a saver) but I doubt anyone ever asked that much for it except maybe on Watchmen opening weekend when no one knew just how OK this movie really was. But the figure. Totally sweet. And I don't use that term often for toys. Of course the Hot Toys version is $160 and is so real looking you could use it as a stand in on Watchmen II.



Just amazing. But so far as yet I cannot justify springing for that much for a toy. Now if it was between the DC Direct at $125 and the Hot Toys version there'd be no debate.


Next toy in the mailbox should be BAF Galactus' right leg. Let's hope I don't get scammed again like I did when I got the one with two left legs from a lousy eBay transaction.

Idea for the day: Third Party. A company that makes your purchases for you on eBay, looks everything over and determines whether or not you'd be an idiot to pay for the junk you're likely to get on eBay. Galactus with two left legs. That's one of my worst so far. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment